How can I configure secondary subnet on LAN interface for firewall management purpose?
03/26/2020 63 People found this article helpful 65,755 Views
This article explains how to configure a Secondary subnet on the LAN interface to manage the SonicWall appliance.
EXAMPLE: We are using the Network below as a example for this article.
|LAN IP (x0 IP)||192.168.41.168/24|
|Secondary LAN subnet||192.168.40.0/24|
|Secondary LAN IP (X0_IP2)||192.168.40.1/24|
- Create Address Objects for the secondary IP and subnet
- Create Static Route
- Create NAT Policy
- Create Access Rule
Creating Address Objects for the secondary IP and subnet on LAN X0 interface.
- Login to the SonicWall management Interface.
- Click MANAGE ,navigate to Objects | Address Objects, click Add, create the address objects shown below.
- Click OK.
Creating a Static Route
- Navigate to Network | Routing, click Add.
- Click OK.
Creating a NAT Policy
- Navigate to Rules| NAT Policies, click Add, create the following NAT entry.
Creating the LAN to LAN Access Rule
- Navigate to Rules | Access Rules, select Matrix and then click LAN-LAN arrow.
NOTE: Option Enable Management should be checked in the access rules.
How to configure secondary IP address on WAN interface for firewall management purpose
Was This Article Helpful?