How can I configure IP helper for DHCP server behind the X0 (LAN) interface?
12/20/2019 204 14568
The IP Helper allows the SonicWall to forward DHCP requests originating from the interfaces on a SonicWall to a centralized DHCP server on the behalf of the requesting client. IP helper is used extensively in routed VLAN environments where a DHCP server is not available for each interface, or where the layer three routing mechanism is not capable of acting as a DHCP server itself. The IP helper also allows NetBIOS broadcasts to be forwarded with DHCP client requests.
In the SonicWall interface under Network |IP Helper:
- IP Helper Settings -check Enable IP Helper.
- Relay Protocols - check Enable for the DHCP protocol.
- Policies - click add.
- check Enable Policy.
- Protocol: Select DHCP or NetBIOS from the protocol menu.
- From: Select a source Interface or Zone from the From menu.
- To: Select a destination IP address or subnet from the To menu.
- Click OK to add the policy to the IP Helper policies table and Accept