How can I configure host configuration page through Email Security CLI/Console?
03/26/2020 0 3412
This article describes how to setup host configuration page with Email Security Console.
The initial step of configuration requires assigning the IP address, DNS server IP, the gateway IP address, Hostname, Time zone which is mostly done manually on the host-configuration UI page. This process requires multiple reboots which is time consuming. Instead of entering the details on host configuration page you can configure it with help of CLI commands.
Steps to take Email Security console access :
- Connect key board to USB port.
- Connect monitor to VGA port/Display port.
- Re-boot the device manually.
Login to the email security console with your admin credentials and run the below commands :
- To configure eth0 interface:interface eth0 [new ip address] [new subnet mask]
- To add gateway IP:route --add default --destination [new default gateway]
- To add DNS server:dns --nameserver 220.127.116.11
- To add time zone:time [YYYY/MM/DD hh:mm] [TZ <timezone>]
- To add hostname:eshostname [new.hostname.domain]
TIP: Timezone database name can be found here https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_tz_database_time_zones.