Support on SonicWall Products, Services and Solutions
Browse Knowledgebase by Category
How can I configure a syslog server on a SonicWall firewall?
12/20/2019 331 22968
This article provides information on how to setup a syslog server on a SonicWall firewall. Please note: this is different than setting up an app flow server.
- Must have GMS server or On-Prem Analytics server installed and configured.
- Have an Address Object Created on the Firewall for SonicWall Analytics system.
- Login to the SonicWall firewall as admin.
- Navigate to Manage | Log Settings | SYSLOG .
- Under Syslog tab, Click on the Add button.
- Select the Name or IP address of the Syslog server from the dropdown.
- Select Syslog Format as 'Enhanced'.
- Click ‘OK’.
- After a couple of seconds, newly added Syslog server will show up.
NOTE: To set syslog settings using templates, please follow: 191018135555494.