How can I block a website using Content Filter using forbidden domain option?
12/20/2019 987 46997
This article covers how to block websites using Content Filtering Service (CFS) using the default CFS profile. In this article we will allow the CFS category Games and block only the domain games.com. This comes in handy when trying to prevent users from getting to a specific website without wanting to block the whole category.
Configure the required website in the Forbidden Domain List.
- Ensure that the Premium Content Filtering service is licensed.
- Click Manage in the top navigation menu.
- Click Security Services | Content Filter.
- Click Enable Content Filtering Service and Enable HTTPS Content Filtering.
Create a URI List Object called Forbidden Domains.
Create a CFS policy and use the Forbidden Domains URI List Object:
- Navigate to Objects | Content Filter Objects.
- Edit the CFS policy in question and select the Forbidden List under Forbidden URI List drop down.
Confirm the CFS Policy has been implemented.
- Navigate to Security Services | Content Filter to confirm that the CFS policy has been implemented and that it applies to the correct zones.
At this point "games.com" should be blocked for the LAN zone irrespective of the games category being allowed.