Hosted Email Security using Google Apps
03/26/2020 8 11333
This article describes how to configure Hosted Email Security when using Google Apps.
Once your domain is activated you can proceed in setting up the Google Apps mail settings to work with HES.
- Configure the email destination in HES to point to Google Apps.
- Log in to the HES.
- Go to System| Network Architecture | Server configuration.
On the Destination Server(s) field, set the email destination to point to Google Apps
2. Configure the Google Apps email settings.
Log in to the Google Apps domain management portal.
- Go to the Google sign-in page.
- Enter your administration account email addresses (including username and domain) and password.
- Go to the Settings tab and in the Services section select Email.
Navigate to Inbound Gateway and enter the IP Addresses of the Hosted Email Security.
- Ensure that the Only let users receive email from the email gateways listed above. All other mail will be rejected. checkbox is ticked.
Point your MX records to HES.
The MX record or Mail Exchange record is the IP address or domain name that will be receiving your mail. This has to be the first destination of your emails, which in this case will be HES. This address must be configured through your ISP or domain registrar.