Grace period expired
03/26/2020 1036 11634
Grace period expired
When GMS is registered, it contacts the back end to verify licensing. Once license verification is complete, a license file is created at [GMS]etcsgms.o. If GMS cannot reach the back end (sgms.mysonicwall.com) due to connectivity or DNS, the verification cannot be completed, and the license file cannot be created/updated. When this happens, you may see the error ‘Grace Period Expired’ when trying to log in to GMS.
Resolution or Workaround
Follow these steps to troubleshoot:
1. Verify DNS. Ping ‘sgms.mysonicwall.com’. You may not get a response, but it should be resolved to an IP Address:
If it is not resolved to an IP address, check the DNS settings on the server.
2. Verify Internet connectivity. GMS contacts the back end using HTTP and HTTPS. If the GMS server cannot reach the back end servers on ports 80 and 443, the license verification will fail. Test this by entering ‘telnet sgms.mysonicwall.com 80’ at a command prompt. If the test fails, check upstream routers and firewalls for the necessary routes, access rules, and NAT policies.
3. Make sure there is sufficient disk space. If the license file cannot be created, then the license verification cannot be completed.
4. If all of the above has been verified, and the error persists, verify the mySonicWall credentials for GMS. Execute this SQL query:
select * from sgms_config where paramName like ‘LATTE%’;
This will return your GMS implementation’s mySonicWall.com username and password. Verify that they are correct.
5. Once the mySonicWall.com credentials have been verified, close the browser and stop the GMS services. Rename [GMS]etcsgms.o to sgms.old. Start the GMS services. If the license verification has completed successfully, a new sgms.o file should now exist.
If the GMS server is on a closed network which does not have Internet connectivity, contact Technical Support at 888-777-1476. They will make a change on the back end server which will allow you to synchronize your GMS server with the back end just once, then it will not be required again.