GMS task produces the error: "Incorrect registration code was entered."
03/26/2020 1050 12595
The following error may be seen when running certain tasks in GMS:
Task execution failure: Register/Update unit with mySonicWall.com. (Incorrect registration code was entered.)
Task execution failure: Synchronize unit with mySonicWall.com. (Incorrect registration code was entered.)
This issue occurs when tasks executed from GMS require registration updates/synchronization between the managed firewall, GMS and MySonicWall.com and the Backup (Secondary) HA unit is active.
The following steps can be used to correct the issue:
- Verify which device is currently active in the HA pair (if Primary is active, skip to Step 3).
- If the Backup (Secondary) unit is active, force a failover to the Primary device.
- Once the Primary device is active, navigate in GMS to the Console>Tasks>Scheduled Tasks page.
- Select the task that previously failed and Click the button for Execute the tasks selected now.
- Verify the task completes successfully and the unit shows Registered in GMS.