Support on SonicWall Products, Services and Solutions
Browse Knowledgebase by Category
GMS Flow server configuration settings on Firewall
03/26/2020 42 13533
GMS Flow server configuration settings on Firewall to configure it manually.
- Must have GMS Flow server or On-Prem Analytics server installed and configured
- Firewall/s must have App Visualization licensed and enabled
To configure Flow setting on the Firewall, follow below steps:
- Login to the Firewall and go to Manage | AppFlow Settings | Flow Reporting page and
- Now click on ‘GMSFlow Server’ tab and select Checkbox for following options and click ‘Accept’
- Send AppFlow To SonicWall GMSFlow Server [*]
- - Send Real-Time Data To SonicWall GMSFlow Server
Note: Update above setting will REBOOT the firewall.
3. Now go to Manage | AppFlow Settings | GMS Flow Server page and enter following info and click ‘Accept’
- GMSFlow server Address (This would be IP address of On-Prem Analytics server)
- Source IP to use over VPN tunnel (Required only in case of Site to Site VPN tunnel with GMS)
Note: Make sure that Firewall is able to access GMS Flow / Analytics server on UDP 2055 and UDP 9060
4. Once done, click on ‘SYNCHRONIZE SERVER’ button and that will get it synched with GMS Flow / Analytics server and pull latest signature / Application names.
Note: It is Important for viewing Signature and Application names or else IDs will show up.