Support on SonicWall Products, Services and Solutions
Browse Knowledgebase by Category
Global VPN Client Logs show "The Policy downloaded from the firewall is invalid or incomplete"
03/26/2020 19 16532
The Global VPN Client (GVC) Log shows "The Policy downloaded from the firewall is invalid or incomplete" and the connection will be set to Disabled.
This issue occurs when the User or User's Group has no permissions under the VPN Access tab. To resolve this issue, follow the steps listed below:
1. Login to the SonicWall Management Interface.
2. Navigate to Users | Local Users or Local Groups.
3. Configure the affected User or User's Group and click on VPN Access tab.
4. Add the necessary Address Objects or Address Groups for the User to be able to access the desired resources. Click OK.
5. Attempt to reconnect via Global VPN Client.