EX SSL-VPN: Google Chrome deprecating NPAPI plug-in. Does this affect workplace users in deploying
03/26/2020 3 People found this article helpful 95,340 Views
EX SSL-VPN: Google Chrome deprecating NPAPI plug-in. Does this affect workplace users in deploying SRA/SMA based agents?
Google Chrome deciding to deprecate NPAPI plug-in. Would such deprecation affect workplace based users in deploying SRA/SMA based agents?
Google Chrome without NPAPI:
Recommendations for Google Chrome based deployments:
- Basic Translation and Reverse Proxy based access would be functional.
- Loading of agents would not be supported by Google Chrome without NPAPI plug-in.
- Loading of EPC Modules / checks would fail when evaluated by Google Chrome without NPAPI plug-in.
- Have communities defined on appliance to support only translation as access method.
- No EPC checks to be enabled for specific communities.
- ACL for Connect Tunnel to be denied for specific community.
- SonicWall have successfully tested and implemented HTML 5 based access on their feature release firmware 11.2.x.
- Firmware version 11.2.x is currently available for downloads on mySonicwall.com under feature releases.
- HTML 5 deployments are browser independent.
- Please contact SonicWall Technical Support for any further clarifications.
Was This Article Helpful?