ES - How an I mount CIFS share on Email Security device using CLI?
03/26/2020 1040 11175
ES - How to mount CIFS share on Email Security device using CLI
- SonicWall Email Security Appliances: 3300, 4300, 8300, 5000, 7000, 9000.
- Firmware versions: 7.x+ and 8.0+
- Service: CIFS
An external storage drive can be mounted to store the appliance's data. The available data on the current drive will be migrated to the external storage drive, increasing the storage limit for the appliance. For dual control centers, the same external drive can be mounted on both control centers to share the data. The two control centers could be used either to share the load or as a failover.
The following KB article explains how to mount CIFS share via CLI interface.
- Login to the CLI (Comman Line Interface) as snwlcli. Provide the admin username and current password.
- To mount a CIFS share using the CLI, execute the following command with the following parameters:
mountdrive <Remote IP> <Shareddrive Name> <UID> <Pass> copyornot <yes|no>
A typical output looks like this:
NOTE: That deep tree mounting and domain name can be specified either by (/) OR (\):
EXAMPLE: Domain/Username OR Domain\Username
EXAMPLE: Dir1/Dir2/Dir3/DATA OR Dir1\Dir2\Dir3\DATA
- To check the current CIFS mount status, execute the command mountdrive without parameters.
- To unmount CIFS shares execute the command unmountdrive without parameters.