Error when creating database during Role Assignment "Failed to update role settings successfully"
03/26/2020 1120 11781
When installing GMS/Analyzer for the first time, after installing and registering GMS/Analyzer, Role configuration needs to be done to complete the Installation. The default GMS database uses MySQL. It will be installed and the database will be created. If something is preventing MySQL from being installed, you may see the following error:
Failed to update role settings successfully. SonicWall Universal Management Suite - Database: Start action failed with status - Error in executing database upgrade scripts.
- Make sure there is no other database engine installed. This includes MSDE, MySQL, SQL Express, and MS SQL Server. Keep in mind that some applications use database engines, such as BackupExec, Symantec End Point Security etc.
- Stop any Anti-Virus applications.
- Disable Windows Firewall.
- Once the above steps have been completed/verified, Uninstall/Re-install GMS and attempt Role Deployment again (if Windows, delete remaining C:\GMSVP folder before re-installing).
- Verify minimum RAM requirements have been met on the server.