Email Security: Email Security User Interface is not accessible after upgrading (Tomcat Status Code
03/26/2020 942 11690
Email Security User Interface is not accessible after upgrading (Tomcat Status Code 404)
You upgrade the Email Security and after that, you are not able to access the interface and you get the error code 404
- Remote Desktop on to the server where you install Email Security
- Go to Start | Run and type services.msc and press Enter
- In the services window, stop the service "Apache Tomcat"
- Go to the following directory C:program filesApache Software FoundationTomcat 5.5webapps
- From the webapps directory, delete all the files and folders except ROOT.war file
- In the services window, start the service "Apache Tomcat"
- Wait for few seconds and you should see a new ROOT folder getting created under the webapps folder
- Now try to accessing the Email Security UI
1. Open a SSH client. For example PUTTY
2. Input snwlcli@ and the IP address of your SonicWall Email Security appliance, eg firstname.lastname@example.org
3. At Login prompt, type the Admin Username, eg admin, and press enter (Note: In some cases when the Admin username is changed, login will fail. In this case please change it back to admin, by going to system administration page in the GUI)
4. At Password prompt, type the same password that you use for the GUI login and press enter
5. Snwlcli> rebuildwebroot
6. Snwlcli> restart tomcat
7. Now try to accessing the Email Security UI
If above resolution doesn't address your problem, please contact Sonicwall technical support for further assistance.