Detailed information on Intrusion Prevention Signature (IPS) Signature IDs
03/26/2020 45 11770
IPS: Detailed information on Intrusion Prevention Signature (IPS) Signature IDs.
For a list of the various Signature categories, go to the SonicWall Security Center.
From there you can drill down to your specific signature ID.
NOTE: In the SonicWall firewall log you can click on the IPS signature ID to get detailed information about the attack.
For a list of signature categories on the SonicWall:
- Login to the SonicWall Management Interface; go to Security Services | Intrusion Prevention.
- Under IPS Policies section in the Intrusion Prevention page you can view and manage IPS signatures by category groups or on a signature by signature basis. Categories are signatures grouped together based on the type of attack, and they are listed in the Category menu.
Note: All the entries listed in the IPS Polices table are from the SonicWall IPS signature database downloaded to your SonicWall security appliance. Categories and signatures are dynamically updated by the SonicWall Intrusion Prevention Service. Categories and signatures dynamically change over time in response to new threats.
- Select All categories or an individual category from the Category menu. OR Enter the Signature ID (SID) in the Lookup Signature ID field.
- Click on the edit icon in the Configure column for the category you want to change.
- In the Edit IPS Signature window, click the here link in "Note: Click here for comprehensive information regarding this vulnerability."