Creating Static/Dynamic Groups in Capture Client
11/02/2021 13 People found this article helpful 41,183 Views
How to create Dynamic Groups in Capture Client and rank them for the policy application
This article helps the Administrator group the users based OS, IP address , Device Type/Names and also hardware models
- Log into https://captureclient.sonicwall.com with your Mysonicwall account credentials.
- Navigate to Protect> People.
- To Add a new Dynamic Group, Click on Add at the right bottom of the screen.
- Type in a Friendly Group Name.
- Click on Add Users. This would list all the users on your network.
Once the Group is created, You would see the group listed under People> Groups.
Click on the Edit button next to the Group.
This will display 3 tabs- Users, Rules, Policies
Users: Will list all the users that has to be grouped.
Rules: you can group the users based on the follwoing options:
- Device ID
- Device Name
- Device Type
- Hardware Model
- Processor Type
- OS Type
- OS version
- Ip address
Policies: You can associate the group to use the security policy by clicking on the Policies Tab.
Was This Article Helpful?