Creating Static/Dynamic Groups in Capture Client
03/26/2020 5 6058
How to create Dynamic Groups in Capture Client and rank them for the policy application
This article helps the Administrator group the users based OS, IP address , Device Type/Names and also hardware models
- Log into https://captureclient.sonicwall.com with your Mysonicwall account credentials.
- Navigate to Protect> People.
- To Add a new Dynamic Group, Click on Add at the right bottom of the screen.
- Type in a Friendly Group Name.
- Click on Add Users. This would list all the users on your network.
Once the Group is created, You would see the group listed under People> Groups.
Click on the Edit button next to the Group.
This will display 3 tabs- Users, Rules, Policies
Users: Will list all the users that has to be grouped.
Rules: you can group the users based on the follwoing options:
- Device ID
- Device Name
- Device Type
- Hardware Model
- Processor Type
- OS Type
- OS version
- Ip address
Policies: You can associate the group to use the security policy by clicking on the Policies Tab.