Creating Dynamic Groups in Capture Client
02/28/2022 13 People found this article helpful 95,670 Views
How to create Dynamic Groups in Capture Client and rank them for the policy application
This article helps the Administrator group the users based OS, IP address , Device Type/Names and also hardware models
- Log into https://captureclient-36.sonicwall.com with your Mysonicwall account credentials.
- Navigate to Assets>Groups.
- To Add a new Dynamic Group, Click on '+' symbol on top right of the screen as shown below:
- Once clicked on Add , provide the Group Name , Group Type , and choose Group Category as Dynamic and proceed next:
- Users can be grouped based on the following category and thier respective operations:
- Device ID
- Device Name
- Device Type
- Hardware Model
- Processor Type
- OS Type
- OS Name
- OS version
- Public IP
- Console Visible IP
- Local IP
- MAC Address
- Capture Client version
- Computer Distinguished Name
- Last User Distinguished Name
- Active Directory Group for Computer
- Active Directory Group for User
- Current Country
- Current City
- On the next page , verify the settings and confirm.
- You can choose and review the policies inherited once confirmed under the specific group.
Was This Article Helpful?