Support on SonicWall Products, Services and Solutions
Browse Knowledgebase by Category
Creating and Adding External Mount Disk on SonicWall Analytics
03/26/2020 21 11035
This documents helps to Create and Add External mount disk for SonicWall Analytics
- Login to ESXi Console and select the Analytics VM and right click select Edit Settings
- In Edit Settings dialog box, Under ‘New device’ select ‘New Hard Disk’ and click Add button and a new tab ‘New Hard Disk’ appear on the side bar
- Now, specify the disk size. Ex: In this case, 500 GB storage allocated to new disk
NOTE: It is recommended to allocate disk capacity as per license. Also make sure that free disk space is available in VM datastore.
- Now power on Analytics VM in vSphere and below message will show up on Console screen. Initial boot-up may take 5 to 10 minutes.
- After bootup following screen will show up, double-click on the orange-brown Management Console screen.
- In Management Console, use keyboard arrow keys and select Storage in the Menu and press Enter
- Now in main Storage screen use arrow key to select Add Storage, select Yes and press Enter to Confirm
- Now insert 4 digit number for key (for encryption) and note it down for later use. press Enter to Confirm
NOTE: The Encryption key will help secure storage and needed to re-configure storage.
- Once Confirmed, disk encryption will start as shown below and ‘Mount storage’ option will appear
- Click Enter and provide the encryption key (recorded earlier) and now you will get below pop-up
- Select Yes and press Enter again to Confirm and machine will Reboot.
- After reboot, again open Management Console and navigate to the Network Interface in the Menu and press Enter and select ens160.
- By default DHCP is enabled so it will automatically get the Network Interface config and show up as below.
- If DHCP is not available or want to use Static IP, use arrow keys to Disable DHCP and provide Network config i.e. IP address, Netmask, , Gateway, DNS.
- Take note of the IP address to access On-Premises Analytics instance.