Connect Tunnel clients experiencing Stop Error (blue screen or BSoD) when using Windows 10
12/20/2019 60 11518
- Customers on Windows 10 version 1809 may experience issues when installing or running SonicWall's Connect Tunnel Client. SonicWall has worked with Microsoft to determine the root cause and has released a hotfix that resolves the issue.
- The issues were related ngvpn.sys and its related symbols. Currently all issues related to BSOD have beed addressed by all latest and updated versions of clients on respective firmwares.
Download the SMA Client hotfix from mysonicwall.com
- Login to www.mysonicwall.com.
- Click Product Management | My Products.
- Hover over the SMA 1000 series device and click Firmware icon.
- Based on the SMA firmware version select from the following:
- Version 11.4.0 - Client Hotfix 11.4.0-01474
NOTE: For 11.4.0 and below confirm that hotfix 11.4.0-708 has been installed.
- Version 12.1.0 - Client Hotfix 12.1.0-05629
- Version 12.2.0 - Client Hotfix 12.2.0-04432
NOTE: Support for version 11.4.0 has been discontinued. To learn more please visit the SMA product lifecycle.
Apply the client hotfix to your SMA appliance
- Login to the Management Console of the SMA device.
- Click Maintenance and click Update under System software updates.
- Apply the hotfix.
Download the Connect Tunnel client
- To download the updated Connect Tunnel client click Agent Configuration.
- Under Client installation packages click Download.
- Select the appropriate Windows architecture and language and then click Download.
Enforce the upgrade of Connect Tunnel client when end users connect with older versions of the client
- To update existing Connect Tunnel clients navigate to Realms | Access Methods.
- Click Configure and then expand Connect Tunnel options.
- Under Software Updates select the method best suited to the organization's software policy.
- Save and apply the changes.