Connect Tunnel and OnDemand Tunnel Clients Do Not Launch on Mac OS X Systems or Cannot Make a Conne
03/26/2020 6 11701
Connect Tunnel and OnDemand Tunnel Clients Do Not Launch on Mac OS X Systems or Cannot Make a Connection
When the wrong Java environment is used on a Mac OS X system, the following behavior will be seen:
- Neither Connect Tunnel nor OnDemand Tunnel will launch and no explanation is given.
- Connect Tunnel or OnDemand Tunnel may launch, but they will not be able to make a connection to the appliance.
Resolution or Workaround:
In order to resolve this issue, a Mac OS X system should use the 32-bit J2SE 5.0 Java application environment. To configure, follow these steps:
- Open Applications > Utilities > Java in the Mac OS X Finder.
- Open the Java Preferences application.
- Under Java application versions make sure that the 32-bit version of J2SE 5.0 is at the top of the list. Java SE 6 is not yet fully supported, and J2SE 1.4.2 will not work with the tunnel clients. When properly configured, the Java Preferences application will look like this:
- Close the Java Preferences application and then restart the tunnel client.