Configuring SonicWall access point in managed mode
12/20/2019 1367 18621
wireless: Configuring SonicPoint in Managed Mode
NOTE: Managed Mode requires that the SonicPoint be connected to a Wireless Interface of a SonicWall security appliance running SonicOS Enhanced.
When a SonicPoint is in Managed Mode, it senses if a SonicWall security appliance is present using the SonicWall discovery protocol (SDP). Immediately after a boot, if a SonicWall security appliance is not detected, the SonicPoint will reboot after a short time interval (approximately 5 seconds) into stand-alone mode. If a SonicWall security appliance is initially detected but then becomes unavailable (such as, it is powered off, or physically disconnected from the SonicPoint), the SonicPoint will poll at a longer interval (approximately 6 minutes), and then revert into stand-alone mode. If for any reason a SonicPoint unexpectedly reboots while in Managed Mode, it will reboot into Managed Mode, unless the unexpected reboot occurred while attempting to upload firmware; in this case it will reboot into SafeMode.
- Configure an open interface to be in the WLAN zone.
- Select Network |Interfaces and configure the interface you have chosen.
- Choose WLAN from the Zone dropdown menu.
- Enter the IP Address and Subnet Mask for the interface.
- If you want to administer the SonicWall from the WLAN, choose your management preference.
- Click OK.
- Configure the existing SonicPoint profile or create a new profile.
- Select SonicPoint
- Configure the default profile or select Add.
- Configure your Wireless A and/or Wireless G Settings. From here you can change the SSID, Radio Mode, Channel, ACL Enforcement, Encryption, and advanced settings.
- When complete, select OK.
- Configure WLAN Zone.
- Select Network | Zones and configure the WLAN.
- On the Wireless tab you can choose your wireless settings for your implementation and also change the provisioning profile if you chose to create a new profile.
- Connect the SonicPoint to the interface.
- Connect the LAN port of the SonicPoint to the interface on the SonicWall that you have chosen to use.
- Apply Power to the SonicPoint.
- Select SonicPoint | Synchronize SonicPoints.
- The SonicPoint will be provisioned.