Configuring SMA (SRA EX-Series) Appliance for GMS/Analyzer
03/26/2020 1051 10506
Configuring SMA(SRA EX-Series) Appliance for GMS/Analyzer
To configure an SRA EX-Series appliance for GMS or Analyzer:
- Click General Settings in the main AMC navigation menu.
- Click Edit in the Centralized management area.
- Select the Enable GMS check box, and then enter the host name or IP address of the GMS or Analyzer server, and the port number.In the Heartbeat interval text box, set the interval (in seconds) at which the appliance indicates its readiness to send a report on authentication-related events, in addition to status information (status.xml). An interval of 60 seconds is typical.
- Select Send only heartbeat status messages check box if you want to only manage the appliance, and not generate any reports.
- If needed, enable an additional server in the Additional ViewPoint server area.
- In the GMS credentials area, enter and confirm the password that will be used to add the SRA E-Class appliance.
- On the GMS/Analyzer Add Unit screen, you will add this E-Class SRA appliance by entering GMS as the login name and the credentials you specified in the Password box.
- Select Enable single sign-on for AMC configuration if you want to be able to open the Aventail Management Console and make changes to its configuration from within GMS. If this setting is cleared, you can still open AMC, but you must first enter your AMC login credentials; this is less convenient, but more secure.
- Click Save.
- Under each configured realm enable the checkbox Enable accounting records. When selected, all RADIUS, syslog, GMS configuration, and routing changes are saved. By enabling this checkbox all users accounting information about the realm will be sent to syslogs server.