Configure the appliance to resolve Internal domain names and IPs
03/26/2020 59 31545
This article describes on how to configure the SonicWall to resolve internal Domain names and IP addresses. Incorrect configuration could lead to these issues:
- Unable to resolve local resources.
- Analyzer /GMS reports show internal Private IPs instead of the machine name.
- Bookmarks not reachable using the hostname or internal Fully Qualified Domain Name (FQDN).
NOTE: It is most important to verify and confirm that you are using internal DNS servers.
- To access the DNS settings, navigate to Manage |Network | DNS.
- Enter private IPs addresses of the local DNS servers in the network.
NOTE: SonicWall supports only Fully Qualified domain name.
- When working with GMS/Analyzer reports it is essential to have under name resolution with the required name resolution method. Navigate to Manage | Log Settings | Name Resolution.
How to Test
- Navigate to Investigate | System Diagnostics | Diagnostic Tools | DNS Name Lookup, the configuration can be verified and confirmed.
- Use system to inherit the DNS settings configured under the DNS tab. Use the Customized setting if you want check with any other DNS server.
NOTE: Using the NetBIOS name is only used for reporting in the GMS/Analyzer.