Support on SonicWall Products, Services and Solutions
Browse Knowledgebase by Category
Configure Azure Active Directory (AD) in HES
07/24/2020 8 4296
Login to Hosted Email Security. Using your email@example.com credentials.
- Navigate to Manage | Server | Azure Active Directory.
- In Azure Active Directory Configuration fill out the form.
- Friendly Name is the name that you will use to identify the domain AD configuration.
- Tenant ID and Primary Domain are available in the Microsoft Azure portal under Manage Azure active Directory.
- Admin Email Address is the Azure admin email address for AD connection.
Sign in to Microsoft Azure using your domain admin email address e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org this is the email ID you used to create the account in Azure.
Once logged in go to Manage Azure Active Directory and click on view.
Here you will see the Tenant ID and Primary domain needed for Azure AD configuration.
Go back to the Hosted Email Security - Azure Active Directory.
- Type in the Friendly name.
- Paste the Tenant ID
- Paste the Primary domain.
- Enter the admin email address.
- Click on Save.
A Success message would be displayed on the screen to confirm that the Azure AD configuration settings has been saved.
After saving settings, authorization is needed for Hosted Email Security to pull the users and groups from azure directory.
- Click on Admin Consent.
- It will redirect you to O365 login page. Select the Admin Email Address and enter credentials.
- Once there it will give you a Popup screen that reads the permissions that you have. You must click Accept.
- When you click to accept it will redirect you to the login page of the Hosted Email Security.
- Login to HES using your email@example.com credentials. After login, you will see the success.
Now you should be able to connect and login using your Azure Active Directory.
Next, navigate to Users, Groups and Domains | Users. In the Using Source dropdown, Select the AD name and click on Go. This would import all Azure AD users to HES setup.