Support on SonicWall Products, Services and Solutions
Browse Knowledgebase by Category
Changing network settings on the SonicWall switch from firewall GUI
06/10/2020 1 3700
The network settings like IP address, subnet mask, IP assignment method, DNS servers etc can be changed from the SonicWall firewall UI for the switch once it is connected.
- Navigate to MANAGE | Switch Controller | Switches tab and then click on Network tab. It is divided into two sections:
- You can either edit the network settings for the native VLAN ID 1 or add IP addresses for other VLAN IDs by using the Add IPv4 Network option. You can choose the following fields:
- Vlan ID: Set as 1 if you are editing the IP for native VLAN. Otherwise you can choose the available VLAN IDs from the dropdown
Configuration: Static or DHCP.
- Address: IPv4 address to be used (Grayed out for DHCP).
- Subnet Mask: Subnet mask to be used (Grayed out for DHCP).
- You can also delete IPv4 networks except for the one used for Native VLAN 1. That can only be edited.
- Click on the 'Edit DNS' option to change the DNS entries.
- We only have two DNS servers and they are always statically assigned.