CC 3.6 MAC installation - S1 not enforcing security
07/23/2021 0 814
After installing Capture Client 3.6 on Mac (Catalina or BigSur) you may see that "Sentinel One is not enforcing security".
In macOS 11 (Big Sur), kernel or legacy extensions were replaced by system extensions. The use & security of System Extensions is in the hands of the user and new third-party system extensions need user approval before loading.
1.If you get below alert (after installation), click on "Allow".
Incase you haven't "Allowed" this when the prompt showed up, Go to System Preferences -> Security & Privacy -> General, and look for the same prompt. Unlock & allow the same. Proceed with next steps listed below.
2.Go to System Preferences -> Security & Privacy -> Privacy Unlock it for editing and locate the “Full Disk Access” category
2. Click on the “+” button under the existing list and it will bring up a Window
3. Hit Command+Shift+G to get a prompt to enter a folder location
4. Type in /Library/Sentinel/sentinel-agent.bundle/Contents/MacOS/
5.You will see multiple files in this folder – you have to add and enable “Full Disk Access” for
6. Make sure the checkbox is selected for these items under “Full Disk Access”
7. Once done, make sure to lock the config in Security and Privacy and close the System Preferences Window
8. Check your client UI to make sure it "Threat Protection" is enabled and screen looks like below