Can I change the wireless regulatory domain to europe?
03/26/2020 39 14408
Can I change the Regulatory Domain to Europe ? ( I have only the option US CANADA under Wireless -> Settings -> Country Code: but no options for France,Germany,Italy,Lichtenstein... )
1) Is it possible to change the Regulatory Domain ?
2) Why is the Regulatory Domain US Canada and not Europe ( with the option to choose GB,France,Germany,Italy,...)
1) The Regulatory Domain can be changed in the Firmwareversion 5 and 6. However, it is necessary to have a Device with a International SKU Number. So first you need to check in your www.mysonicwall.com account if the device is displayed as International . If thats the case,then the Regulatory Domain can be changed.
2) If your device shows up as International, but in the GUI it shows up as US/Canada, within the Wireless -> Settings under Country Code: then the device is probably not registered, it is a Replacement Device. The following steps are required to bring the European Rebulatory Domain back.
Steps to take to bring the Europe options back:
1) Check if you have the International Version
For example TZ105 Wireless-N International with SKU Number 01-SSC-4899
2) If you have a International Version, do a Hardware Reset of the Device
3) Re-register the Device under System -> Status. You are redirected to a page which ask you for your mysonicwall.com account and password.
Type your european account details in , like SocietyParisSA ( as a example) and your password for the mySonicWall account SociectyParisSA
Use the account where the device is registered.
4) Clear the Browser Cache and Login again
The Option should change to ETSI - Europe
In some exceptional cases these steps are also necessary:
A Technical Support Engineer may need to "reset trust", this means the serial number is getting "unregistered" and you have to reregister the device again.
Additionally you need to go to the internal page called .diag.html page to reset the license . The license will be back after the re-registration.