Can a NSv 200 instance of 30 days free trial be converted to a production license of any NSv model?
05/06/2020 3 2404
- The NSv 200 instance installed as a 30 days free trial can be converted easily to a production license of any NSv 100, 200, 400, 800, etc,., model.
- This article depicts the steps involved in converting a NSv 200 - 30 days free trial to a production license of any NSv model.
With the NSv 200 trial instance getting converted to a production instance of any models NSv 100, NSv 200, NSv 400, NSv 800, etc,., the need of downloading the NSv setup file based on the production NSv model and deploying it again to use the production license has been completely eliminated.
Note: During this activity, the licensed features may be suspended during the time of deregistering the trial instance and registering the production instance. After the successful registration, the licensed features will remain to function.
After purchasing the SonicWall NSv license of any model that includes the new serial number and authentication code, follow the below steps.
1. Log into SonicOS on the free trial instance.
2. Navigate to the Updates | Licenses page in the MANAGE view.
3. Under Manage Security Services Online, click the DEREGISTER button.
4. Click OK in the confirmation dialog. The virtual firewall returns to the unregistered state.
5. Click the Register link in the top banner or on the MONITOR | System Status page.
6. Enter the MySonicWall credentials and then click LOGIN.
7. Enter the Serial Number and Authentication Code received after purchasing the NSv series instance.
8. Click on Submit.
9. Acknowledge the registration completion notification by clicking Continue.
10. SonicOS automatically restarts and then displays the login page.
11. Log into SonicOS.
12. In MONITOR | System Status page, the Register link is no longer shown and the licensed security services are displayed.