Block Facebook Chat using App Control Advanced
03/26/2020 39 7862
This article covers how to block Facebook chat using App Control Advanced.
1. Login to the SonicWall Management GUI.
2. Navigate to the Firewall | App Control Advanced page. In Gen5 TZ devices this page is under Security Services | App Control
3. Check the box under Enable App Control and click on the Accept button at the top to enable App Control.
4. Under App Control Advanced | View Style, select SOCIAL NETWORKING under Category.
5. Select Facebook under Application; select Signature under Viewed By to list the signatures available for Facebook.
6. Click on the configure button under Message Activity 07 to open.
Enabling Application Control on zones
- Navigate to Network | Zones
- Click on the configure button under the zone where you want to enable App Control.
- Check Enable App Control Service.
- Click on OK to save.
Before testing, clear the cache of the host browser. Login to Facebook.com. Chat panel would be greyed-out. Clicking on a contact name would open a separate chat window. However, the user will be not able to transmit the chat message due to the above measure.