Block CyberGhost VPN using App Control Advanced
03/26/2020 24 People found this article helpful 45,986 Views
CyberGhost VPN is a VPN client used to bypass IDS/IDP systems. CyberGhost VPN can be blocked by SonicWall App Control Advanced using its OpenVPN application signatures.
This article describes how to block CyberGhost VPN.
- Login to the SonicWall management GUI.
- Navigate to the Firewall | App Control Advanced page. In Gen5 TZ devices this page is under Security Services > App Control
- Check the box under Enable App Control and click on the Accept button at the top to enable App Control.
- Under App Control Advanced | View Style select INFRASTRUCTURE under Category; select OpenVPN under Application.
- Click on the configure icon under Application with OpenVPN selected.
- In the Edit App Control App window, select Enable under Block and Log.
- Click on OK to save
Enabling App Control on zones
- Navigate to Network | Zones
- Click on the configure button under the zone where you want App Control enabled.
- Check Enable App Control Service.
- Click on OK to save.
Was This Article Helpful?