Auditing/Junk Box is not showing latest emails with an alert "Database corrupted"
03/26/2020 1497 12637
Auditing/Junk Box is not showing latest emails with an alert "Database corrupted".
Due to corruption in Search Engine Index sometime Auditing [Message Logs]and Junk Box does not update and stops showing latest emails.
You might see following errors or see old data in Auditing/Junk Box-
1) There is no inbound messages available in the auditing database
2) The search engine instance is not available at the time. Please contact your system administrator
1) Open a SSH client. For example PUTTY
2) Input snwlcli@ and the IP address of your SonicWall Email Security appliance, eg firstname.lastname@example.org
3) At Login prompt, type the Admin Username, eg admin, and press enter (Note: In some cases when the Admin username is changed, login will fail. In this case please change it back to admin, by going to system administration page in the GUI)
4) At Password prompt, type the same password that you use for the GUI login and press enter
5) SNWLCLI> rebuildsearchdb
1) Open a command prompt on the server where you installed Email Security Software
2) C:/> mlfworkr -rebuildsearchdb
The web interface will restart automatically and go back to the login screen within a few minutes. Once the login screen is available please login and go to either the audit page or the junk box management page and you should see the mail start to populate the screen. This process can take anywhere from a couple of minutes to several hours depending on the size of the search database. There will be a progress bar along the top to show you a percentage of how much it has done.