Troubleshooting the "No report on database" error requires a good understanding of how the data are processed by the Analyzer.
The flow chart below will help us understanding why there’s no report shown in the Analyzer GUI.
**Note: these folders have different names depending on the Analyzer version
Version 8.0 and 8.1
Summarizer: receives & processes syslog??
1. The Analyzer receives the syslog data from the Sonicwall as RAW data
2. The syslog files are processed.
The ReportSummarizer may not work as expected when there are more that 10 .src files. If that is the case, then restart ALL of the Analyzer Services
2b. If there are some .unp or .retry files stacking up, then start/restart the Reporting Database (Windows only).?Note: The summarizer will not be working if there are retry attempts. This could also be caused because of the summarizer table was not created in Infobright database. In this case, contact a Senior Advisor
3. Sqlload files contain the information from syslog and import it into ReportsDatabase.
If there are more than 10 files, contact a Senior Advisor
3b: Sqlload.err files could be deleted. The Analyzer will never attempt to reprocess any sqlload files
DO NOT DELETE THE FILE sgmsConfig.xml (SW11589)
4. This is the location of all syslogs successfully processed into ReportsDatabase
4b. The sqlload.err files are created when the data cannot be written in ReportsDatabase: the data needs to be reprocessed (kb sw12251)
Reports Database (Infobright DB): Contains the actual Reports?
5. This is the ReportsDatabase
Optimizer: Contains a temporary copy of the entire ReportsDatabase
6. This folder should be empty. If not, delete its contents
If the optimizer is not running, then check if there’s enough disk space (SW13583), resource, etc. in the Analyzer server