Adding firewall on Analytics 2.0
There are two ways to add firewall in Analytics 2.0
Adding firewall with CSC Integration – Firewall automatically gets added to Analytics 2.0
Adding firewall without CSC integration – Firewall needs to be added manually to Analytics 2.0
Adding Firewall with CSC Integration:
When adding firewall with CSC-Integration, it allows to manage firewall using CSC and also shows Reporting and Analytics data though the data will be stored locally on Analytics 2.0.
Below are pre-requisites while adding firewall with CSC Integration:
- Product Group (Tenant) must have the Analytics 2.0 license enabled and Analytics 2.0 VM should be running and should be reachable from CSC. You need to note down the IP of the VM.
- Firewall should have a CSC Management license
- Firewall should have App Visualization license (if you have CGSS/AGSS package, then it is already included)
- Port 31031 needs to be opened on Analytics 2.0 Gateway Firewall.
To add the firewall/s follow below steps:
- Login to CSC and select the corresponding Product Group (Tenant)
- Now click on ‘Add Unit’ icon and you will get below popup box and provide the details
- Under ‘Reporting, Analytics and Visualization’ section, select ‘SonicWall Analytics OnPrem’ option and select the Analytics 2.0 serial from dropdown.
Note: It is optional to provide Analytics 2.0 system IP in the box but if provided, the Flow configuration will automatically get set on the Firewall.
- Click OK. Once done, the Firewall will get added to CSC as well on Analytics 2.0 system automatically.
Below are details for various options under Reporting, Analytics and Visualization section
Cloud Infrastructure: Allows flow data to be stored on CSC hence required CSC Reporting and or Analytics license.
SonicWall Analytics OnPrem: Allows the flow data to be stored on corresponding Analytics 2.0. Select this option for CSC-Integration with Analytics 2.0.
None: Stores NO data and only allows CSC Management.
Note: Firewall added to CSC using Zero Touch will NOT get added to Analytics 2.0 system as the above options won’t show up. Hence need to be added manually.
Adding firewall without CSC integration
Follow below steps to manually add the firewall to Analytics 2.0 without CSC integration:
- Login to Analytics 2.0 system and click on ‘Add Firewall’ icon
- Provide firewall details and click ‘OK’
- Log in to the firewall and configure “GMSFlow Settings”. Enter the SonicWall Analytics IP in “GMSFlow Server Address”
- Click on ‘Test Connectivity’
- Click on Flow Reporting > GMSFlow Server and check settings.
- Click on “SYNCHRONIZE SERVER” option shown in step 3/4.
- Now you should be able to see Analytics data for the firewall in Analytics 2.0.