Why do I need a Support Services Reinstatement?
12/06/2018 1458 6597
SonicWall requires continuous coverage for support agreements. Generally, new agreements are retroactively activated to the expiration date of the most recent warranty or support agreement. The SonicWall Support Services Reinstatement provides the opportunity to bring these appliances back into compliance and up to date.
Customers with appliances that have an expired warranty or support agreement who purchase SonicWall Support Services Reinstatement and a new one-year support agreement receive a full 12 months of support from date of activation. A SonicWall Support Services Reinstatement is waived when a multi-year agreement is purchased.
Your Support agreement expired six months ago:
- Purchasing support reinstatement enables you to download only the latest software/firmware updates.
- Purchasing a new one-year support agreement provides you six months of support. This is because new support agreements are retroactively activated to the expiration date of the most recent warranty or agreement.
- Purchasing support reinstatement and a new one-year support agreement provides you 12 months of support beginning on the date of activation.
- Purchasing a new two- or three-year agreement automatically waives support reinstatement and you will receive 24 or 36 months of support from the date of activation.
Support services reinstatement includes a one-time update to the most current software and firmware. It does not include the following:
- Telephone/web-based support
- Hardware replacement
- Enhanced escalation