The SonicPoint N2 offers secure, high-performance 802.11n wireless LAN (WLAN) connectivity across the 2.4 GHz band with excellent signal quality and range, simplified deployment, and ease of management.
- High-performance wireless connectivity.
- Get high-speed access to data and use mobile apps such as HD video and voice over high-bandwidth wireless LANs with SonicPoint N2 wireless access points. Gain excellent signal speed and quality available through the 802.11n wireless standard.
- Securely extend networks.
- The SonicPoint N2 integrates tightly with SonicWall SuperMassive, E-Class NSA, NSA and TZ Series firewalls to provide uniquely robust and comprehensive wireless network security. These firewalls use Reassembly-Free Deep Packet Inspection technology to scan all inbound and outbound wireless traffic for malware, intrusions and other threats and then eliminate them before they can enter your network.
- Control Web access policies.
- Provide visitors or customers with a guest password for secure wireless Internet access using wireless guest services (WGS). Let employees securely access network resources from within your wireless network by separating trusted wireless users from unknown users using virtual access points (VAPs). Extend your model of differentiated wireless access by customizing the authentication interface with lightweight hotspot messaging.
- Simplify deployment and management.
- Streamline deployment and management of your secure wireless network. SonicPoints are automatically detected, provisioned and updated by the managing firewall. Wireless LAN administration is also handled directly from the firewall GUI, simplifying setup and centralizing ongoing management.
- Lower costs.
- Add secure wireless networking without over-spending. By simplifying deployment, delivering single-pane-of-glass management for both wireless and security, and eliminating the need to purchase a separate wireless controller, SonicPoint N2 wireless access points drastically reduce the cost to add wireless into a network infrastructure.
Legend: S — Standard, O — Optional, N — Not Available
|802.11 Transport Standards||802.11a / b / g / n / ac||802.11a / b / g / n / ac||802.11a / b / g / n|
|Antennas||6 External||Fully internal||6 External|
|External Connectors||RP-TNC Male / SMA Male||N/A||RP-TNC Male / SMA Male|
|Powered by PoE||PoE and AC Adapter||PoE||PoE|
|PoE Power Requirements||802.3at||802.3at||802.3at|
|Transmit Power||SonicPoint ACe||SonicPoint ACi||SonicPoint N2|
|Virtual Access Points (VAP)||Up to 8|
|Security||WEP, WPA, WPA2|
|Ciphers||TKIP, AES, 64/128/152-bit WEP|
|Wireless Authentication||Open, PSK, EAP|
|SSL VPN Enforcement||S||S||S|
|Wireless Guest Services||S||S||S|
|Lightweight Hotspot Messaging||S||S||S|