Network Security OS Platform
The SonicOS platform
The proven SonicOS architecture is at the core of every Dell SonicWALL firewall from the SuperMassive™ E10800 to the TZ 100. SonicOS uses deep packet inspection technology in combination with multi-core specialized security microprocessors to deliver application intelligence, control, and real-time visualization, intrusion prevention, high-speed virtual private networking (VPN) technology and other robust security features.
Application Intelligence, Control and Visualization
Provide granular control and real-time visualization of applications to prioritize bandwidth and ensure maximum network security and productivity, regardless of port or protocol.
- Granular, policy-based control of applications for individuals, groups and organizations
- Bandwidth prioritization
- Control over access to internal or external websites
- Automatic and seamless protection
Deep Packet Inspection
Ensure your network is protected from internal and external attacks as well as application vulnerabilities, regardless of file size or the amount of concurrent traffic.
- Security beyond simple stateful inspection
- Single-pass, stream-based deep packet inspection (DPI)
- Unlimited scanning of concurrent traffic traversing the network
- Inspection and identification of multiple application types and protocols
- Visibility into hidden applications and vulnerabilities
- Malware and intrusion prevention
- Protection against internal and external attacks
Virtual private networking (VPN)
Establish a secure and extensive VPN that is easy to manage and administer, and offers remote access and management capabilities for any size organization.
- Clean VPN integrates next-generation firewall security
- Secures the integrity of both IPSec and SSL VPN
- Virtual Assist eases remote help desk support
Centralized Management, Reporting & Analytics
Optimize security, manage growth, ease administration and gain insight into application traffic, bandwidth and threats.
- Federated policy governance and management via workflow automation
- Centralized visualization, analytics & reporting for Dell SonicWALL security appliances
- Application traffic analytics
Ensure business continuity through enterprise-level redundancy and disaster recovery features.See our list of supported 3G/4G PC cards, USB devices and wireless service providers.
- WAN ISP failover and load balancing
- Automated failover and failback
- Hardware failover
- VPN gateway failover
- 3G/4G wireless broadband networking
Wireless Network Security
Make your WLAN as safe as your wired network. Secure wireless connections, plus inspect and clean wireless traffic.
- SonicPoint wireless access points
- Integrated wireless switch and controllers in TZ, NSA and E-Class NSA firewalls
- Advanced wireless security technology
- Multiple policy-based zones of access