When you apply to a job with SonicWall, Inc. (“SonicWall”) and/or on this SonicWall site, the personal data contained in your application will be collected by, which is located at 1033 McCarthy Blvd., Milpitas, CA 95035 USA and can be contacted by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. SonicWall’s data protection officer may be contacted at email@example.com.
This Notice sets out the personal data that we collect and process about you during the application and recruitment process, the purposes of the processing and the rights that you have in connection with it.
If you have any comments or questions about this Notice, please contact us at the contact details provided below.
Types of personal data we collect
During the application and recruitment process as the SonicWall, we may collect and/or process the following types of personal data about you (without limitation):
- identification and contact details (such as your name, address, telephone/email address and other contact information),
- educational and employment background (such as academic/professional qualifications, job qualifications, education, CV/résumé, transcripts and employment references),
- job application information (such as the roles for which you are applying, your job application and related documentation/communications, cover letters, information from interviews and phone screenings, compensation/benefits requests, relocation information),
- national identifiers (such as national ID/passport, immigration status, work authorizations, visas, social security numbers), and
- previous applications/roles (information relating to previous applications you have made to the SonicWall and/or any previous employment history at the SonicWall).
As a general rule, we do not request any information that reveals your racial or ethnic origin, religious, political or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, genetic or biometric information, or information about your health/sex life or sexual orientation during the recruitment process, unless authorized by law or where necessary to comply with applicable laws.
Purposes for processing of personal data
SonicWall collects the personal data you provide through the application process for the purposes of managing the SonicWall’s recruitment related activities, for organizational planning purposes globally, as well as to comply with applicable laws and regulation. Consequently, the SonicWall may use your personal data in relation to:
- set up and conducting interviews and tests for applicants
- evaluate and assessing the results thereto, and as is otherwise needed in the recruitment and hiring processes.
- communicate with you during the recruitment process,
- verify your information and carrying our reference checks or background checks (where applicable),
- put in place necessary arrangements for your future employment, and
- to generally manage and improve our recruitment and hiring processes.
We may also collect information from third parties, for example, to obtain work references or to carry out background or criminal record checks (where permissible and in accordance with applicable laws).
If you are accepted for a job at the SonicWall, the information collected during the recruitment process will form part of your ongoing employment record.
If you are from the European Union, the legal basis for the processing of your personal data is the legitimate interests of the SonicWall. Such processing is legally permissible under Art. 6(1)(f) of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (General Data Protection Regulation) as necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by the SonicWall, which are the solicitation, evaluation, and selection of applicants for employment.
Who we share your personal data with
Transfers to other group companies
The SonicWall does not disclose your personal data to unauthorized third parties. However, as a global corporation consisting of multiple affiliated companies in various countries, the SonicWall has international sites and the SonicWall uses resources located throughout the world. Therefore, the SonicWall may from time to time, and in accordance with the purposes set out in this Privacy Notice share your personal data with our other affiliate companies.
Transfers to third party service providers
The SonicWall may from time to time also use third parties to act on the SonicWall’s behalf. We do so on a “need to know basis” and in accordance with applicable data privacy law. For example, some personal data will be available to our employee benefit plans service providers and third party companies who provide us with services such as payroll support services, background checking services or relocation support services. These service providers may change over time but we will always seek to ensure that any third parties who handle your personal data will do so in a manner consistent with this Notice and in accordance with applicable law.
Transfers to other third parties
We may also disclose personal data to other third parties on other lawful grounds, including:
- with your consent,
- to comply with our legal obligations, including where necessary to abide by law, regulation or contract, or to respond to a court order, administrative or judicial process, including, but not limited to, a subpoena or search warrant,
- in response to lawful requests by public authorities (including for national security or law enforcement purposes),
- as necessary to establish, exercise or defend against potential, threatened or actual litigation,
- where necessary to protect the vital interests of another person, and/or
- in connection with the sale, assignment or other transfer of all or part of our business.
Transfers of personal data abroad
Your personal data will be shared with Greenhouse Software, Inc., a cloud services provider located in the United States of America and engaged by SonicWall to help manage its recruitment and hiring process on SonicWall’s behalf. Accordingly, if you are located outside of the United States, your personal data will be transferred to the United States once you submit it through this site. Because the European Union Commission has determined that United States data privacy laws do not ensure an adequate level of protection for personal data collected from EU data subjects, the transfer will be subject to appropriate additional safeguards under the standard contractual clauses. You can obtain a copy of the standard contractual clauses by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We retain personal information we collect from you only as long as is necessary to carry out the purposes described in this Notice or to comply with applicable legal, tax or accounting requirements.
If you are not successful, your personal data will be retained by SonicWall as long as SonicWall determines it is necessary to evaluate your application for employment. Candidate information is kept for two years.
Your data privacy rights
To the extent provided by the law of your jurisdiction, you may have the right to:
- access certain personal information we maintain about you and obtain a copy of that information,
- update or correct inaccuracies in that information,
- restrict processing or object to our use of your personal information
- block or delete your personal information from our database; and
- to data portability.
In addition, if you are a resident of the European Union, you may have the right to object to processing of your personal information, ask us to restrict processing of your personal information or to request portability of your personal information. You can exercise these rights by contacting us using the contact details provided below.
Similarly, if we have collected and process your personal information with your consent, then you can withdraw your consent at any time. Withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing we conducted prior to your withdrawal, nor will it affect processing of your personal information conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent.
You have the right to complain to your local data protection authority about our collection and use of your personal information. For more information, please contact your data protection authority. Contact details for data protection authorities in the European Economic Area, Switzerland and certain non-European countries, are available here.
To exercise these rights, please contact email@example.com and we will consider your request in accordance with applicable data protection laws. To help protect your privacy and maintain security, we may take steps to verify your identity before granting you access to the information.
Changes and Contact details
We may update this Notice from time to time in response to changing legal, technical or business developments. When we update this Notice, we will take appropriate measures to inform you, consistent with the significance of the changes we make. We will obtain your consent to any material changes if and where this is required by applicable data protection laws. You can see when this Notice was last updated by checking the “last updated” date displayed at the top of this Notice.
For the purposes of European data protection laws, the data controller of your personal data is the entity to which you are applying for a job.
If you have any questions or requests relating to your personal data, you can reach our data protection officer at firstname.lastname@example.org.