How to Install the SonicWall Terminal Services Agent (TSA)
03/26/2020 2 10152
Install the SonicWall Terminal Services Agent (TSA) on one or more terminal servers on your network within the Windows domain. The SonicWall TSA must have access to your SonicWall security appliance, and the appliance must have access to the TSA. If you have a software firewall running on the terminal server, you may need to open up the UDP port number for incoming messages from the appliance.
SonicWall Terminal Services Agent (TSA) is available for download without charge from MySonicWall.
Here's how to install the SonicWall TSA:
- Go to www.mysonicwall.com and log into your account.
- Go to Downloads | Download Center.
- On a Windows Terminal Server system, download one of the following installation programs, depending on your computer:
- Terminal Services Agent 32-bit Version
- Terminal Services Agent 64-bit Version
- Double-click the installation program to begin installation.
- On the Welcome page, click Next to continue.
- The License Agreement displays. Select I agree and click Next to continue.
- On the Select Installation Folder window, select the destination folder. To use the default folder, C:Program FilesSonicWallSonicWall Terminal Services Agent, click Next. To specify a custom location, click Browse, select the folder, and click Next.
- On the Confirm Installation window, click Next to start the installation.
- When installation is complete, click Close to exit the installer.
You must restart your system before starting the SonicWall Terminal Services Agent. To restart immediately, click Yes in the dialog box. To restart later, click No.
For help with configuring the SonicWall TSA, see our article How to configure the SonicWall Terminal Services Agent.