SonicWall TZ300 Wireless (TZ300W) Out of Box
SonicWall TZ300 Wireless (TZ300W) Out of Box Video
The SonicWall TZ300 Wireless package includes the following:
- SonicWall TZ300 Wireless Appliance
- 3 Antennas
- One Ethernet Cable
- One Power Adapter
- One Power Cord
- Quick Start Guide
The included power cord is approved for use only in specific countries and regions.
Before using a power cord, verify that it is rated and approved for use in your location.
Front and Back Views of the SonicWall TZ300W:
SonicWall TZ300W Port Descriptions:
Cabling the SonicWall TZ300W as a Network Gateway:
- Locate the SonicWall ports X0 and X1, port X0 is also label as LAN and port X1 is also label as WAN.
- Connect your Internet access device such as a DSL or Cable modem to SonicWall WAN (X1 port).
- Connect SonicWall LAN (X0 port) to your laptop or PC or to a Network Switch that to which your network devices such as PCs, game consoles, Smart TVs, etc are connected.
- Other ports such as X2, X3 can be assign to other networks
Note: Wireless Clients connects through WLAN after Setup, See below "Wireless access Setup"
Power on SonicWall TZ300W :
- Plug the power cable into an appropriate power outlet (110 - 240 volts)..
- Appliance powers on and the orange LED blinks during the boot sequence. This process may take up to 2 minutes
Accessing SonicWall Admin User Interface:
- Connect a PC to the SonicWall LAN (X0) interface or a network switch connected to the LAN interface. You will automatically receive an IP address from the SonicWall appliance.
- Open https://192.168.168.168 in the browser to access SonicWall Login Page
SonicWall TZ300W First time setup:
Setup Wizard walk through:
- During First Time Access to User Interface, you will be offered a choice to use Setup Wizard or go directly to the SonicWall management interface.
- At the Setup Wizard Launch Page : lick the Setup Wizard link here
At the Setup Wizard Welcome Page:
The Admin default login credentials are:
- Username: admin
- Password: password
Update the password for the Admin user. This is recommended to keep the Admin user secure.
IP Configuration page:
- The WAN Interface will detect for a DHCP server to retrieve its IP configurations.
- If no DHCP server is detected or if you wish to enter static IP parameters then click on the link Manual Config.
- Press Next
IP Configuration success page:
- The IP configuration for the WAN interface is complete and the Setup Wizard is done
- Press Done
SonicWall TZ300W Wireless access Setup:
Use Wireless Wizard to deploy wireless access point
Click on the Wizards link to open the Wizard Menu
At the Wizard Menu popup, select Wireless Guide to configure the Wireless network settings and security settings of the WLAN Radio interface.
Select a County Code
Depending your Regulatory Domain, you may have Country Codes for many countries.
For this example, the Regulatory Domain of North America has only one Country Code (US)
Accept the default network setting for Wireless LAN (WLAN)
You may accept the default SSID or create your own SSID
Here we have created a new SSID "MYAccessPoint"
For Radio Mode, we will select "2.4GHz 802.11 n/g/b Mixed"
We will select the WAP2/WPA mode for WLAN security, this mode is recommended.
Select Connectivity mode only if no security is needed
Choose between WPA-PSK or WPA2-PSK and Preshared Key (PSK) passphrase, (WAP2-PSK) is recommended
For this example, the Passphrase is "sonicpoint" or you may choose your own
Creating VAP is optional
For this example we will not create a VAP
This your WLAN summary, review your selections and correct as needed
Select Apply to accept this WLAN configuration
Your Wireless Wizard is complete
This is your Wireless LAN status page
WLAN is now Enabled (Active)
Register your SonicWall:
- To Register, click on one of the Register links shown.
- To register your SonicWall from the License Management page, enter your MySonicWall username, password and click Submit.
- If you don t have an existing MySonicWall account, create one by clicking on Create MySonicWall account. A Create Account popup will appear, enter the requested information and click the Register button to register.
When the Create Account popup appears, enter the requested information and click the Register button to register.
- TZ 300 Wireless Out of the Box Setup
- TZ300W Out of the Box Setup
- First time TZ setup
- Initial TZ 300 Wireless configuration
- Initial TZ300W configuration
- TZ 300 wireless setup using wizards
- TZ300W setup using wizards
- TZ 300 wireless setup using setup wizard
- TZ300W setup using setup wizard
- How to configure TZ
- How to configure TZ 300 wireless
- How to configure TZ300W