The SRA Platform SRA Easy Web Management
The Web management interface for Dell™ SonicWALL™ Secure Remote Access Series and Dell SonicWALL Aventail E-Class Secure Remote Access Series (SRA) appliances is simple to deploy and manage. The easy-to-use GUI makes configuration, monitoring and updating the appliance and user policies easy and straightforward. In addition, the administrator can take advantage of the granular policy configuration capabilities to gain complete control over user access to resources. The Dell SonicWALL SRA 4600 offers stackable licenses of 10, 25 and 100 concurrent users, while the Dell SonicWALL SRA 1600 offers stackable licenses of 1, 5 and 10 concurrent users, providing flexible scalability as needed.
The administrative burden can be overwhelming with some virtual private network (VPN) solutions that have significant set-up requirements and burdensome ongoing maintenance. The Dell SonicWALL SSL VPN creates an environment that has lower administrative overhead and less worries than traditional remote access solutions. There is no need for the administrator to touch every remote machine, and no need to walk end users through the installation process—the solution is browser-based. In addition, because the process is so simple, it minimizes calls to the help desk. Regardless of whether administrators install it in a Dell SonicWALL or third-party environment, cost of ownership is impressively low because there is no need to install individual fat client software. Dell SonicWALL SRA appliances provide numerous ease-of-use advantages for the administrator, including:
- Easy installation
- Secure, easy-to-use Web management interface
- Granular policy configuration provides control over who can access resources
- Context-sensitive help
- Detailed documentation covering a wide variety of deployment scenarios
The administrative side is both easy to use and feature-rich, providing the administrator with superior capabilities without a heavy burden. These functions include:
- A Web-based GUI (HTTP and HTTPS)
- Graphical monitoring of memory, CPU, users, and bandwidth usage 1
- Icon-based context-sensitive help throughout the administrative interface
- Detailed logging in an easy-to-read format, with support for Syslog and e-mail alerts
- This feature is only available on SRA 4600 and SRA 1600.