Enable users to access applications and data from anywhere so they stay productive, and keep your company competitive. Designed for organizations with up to 250 remote employees, the Dell™ SonicWALL™ Secure Remote Access (SRA) 4600 Appliance provides medium-sized businesses with a high performing, easy-to-use and cost-effective SRA solutions that require no pre-installed client software.
- Extended mobility
- Provide a single, secure mobility gateway for all platforms — including Windows®, Mac OS® and Linux®—from almost any device, whether for browser-based access or an “in-office” experience. Extend access to iOS, Mac OSX, Windows, Google® Android™ and Kindle Fire devices with the SonicWALL Mobile Connect™ app.
- Protection from malware and rogue access
- Protect organizational networks from mobile malware and rogue access with context-aware authentication that grants access only to trusted devices and authorized users. Configure policies to interrogate mobile devices for essential security information such as jailbreak or root status, device ID, certificate status and OS versions prior to granting access. Laptops and PCs are also interrogated for the presence or absence of security software, client certificates, and device ID. Devices that do not meet policy requirements are not allowed network access and the user is notified of non-compliance.
- One-click security and data protection
- Protect company data at rest on mobile devices. Authenticated users can securely browse and view allowed intranet file shares and files from within the Mobile Connect app. Administrators can establish and enforce mobile application management policy for the Mobile Connect app to control whether files viewed can be opened in other apps, copied to the clipboard, printed or cached securely within the Mobile Connect app. This allows administrators to isolate business data from personal data stored on the device and reduces the risk of data loss. In addition, if the user’s credentials are revoked, content stored in the Mobile Connect app is locked and can no longer be accessed or viewed.
- Web traffic protection and data loss prevention
- Protect against common attacks such as cross-site scripting, cookie tampering, injection attacks and cross-site request forgery (CSRF) with the optional Web Application Firewall (WAF) Service. Plus, stop theft of credit card and Social Security numbers with Data Leak Protection (DLP).
- Multilayer security
- Two-factor authentication provides tokenless, enhanced protection for your small business SSL VPN against keyloggers by generating a unique, one-time password that is sent to a remote user’s mobile device or email address.
- Simplified management
- Granular unified policy eases administration by displaying bookmarks and policies in one centralized page. Multiple and custom LDAP policies can restrict unauthorized access to specific applications or resources.
Legend: S — Standard, O — Optional, N — Not Available
|Deployment||SRA 1600||SRA 4600||SRA Virtual Appliance|
|Deployment Environment Type and Size||Small organizations (Fewer than 50 employees)||Midsize organizations (With 500 or fewer employees)||Organizations of any size|
|Included/Maximum Licensable Users3(Recommended Users)||5/50 (25)||25/500 (100)||5/50|
|Secure Virtual Assist/Virtual Access: Maximum Number Connections||30-day trial/10||30-day trial/25||25|
|Hardware||SRA 1600||SRA 4600||SRA Virtual Appliance|
|Hardened Security Appliance||S||S||N|
|Interfaces||(2) Gigabit Ethernet, (2) USB, (1) Console||(4) Gigabit Ethernet, (2)USB, (1) Console||N|
|Processors||x86 main processor||x86 main processor||N|
|Max Power Consumption||47 W||50 W||N|
|Total Heat Dissipation||158.0 BTU||171.0 BTU||N|
|Dimensions||17.00 x 10.13 x 1.75 in||17.00 x 10.13 x 1.75 in||N|
|Appliance Weight||9.50 lbs||9.50 lbs||N|
|MTBF||18.3 years||17.8 years||N|
|Features||SRA 1600||SRA 4600||SRA Virtual Appliance|
|Secure Virtual Access1||O||O||O|
|Secure Virtual Assist1||O||O||O|
|Secure Virtual Meeting||N||O||N|
|Web Application Firewall2||O||O||O|
|Web Application Firewall — Application Profiling||N||O||O|
|Mobile Connect for iOS and Mac OSX||S||S||S|
|Mobile Connect for Android™ and Kindle Fire||S||S||S|
|Mobile Connect for Windows 8.1||S||S||S|
|One Time Password (OTP) Authentication||S||S||S|
|Dell Quest Defender Support||S||S||S|
|Citrix® (ICA) Support||S||S||S|
|NetExtender: Support for Multiple IP Ranges and Routes||S||S||S|
|Optional Client Certificate Support||S||S||S|
|Graphical Usage Monitoring||S||S||S|
|Option to Create System Backup||S||S||S|
|Reverse Proxy: OWA Premium Version and Lotus Domino Access||S||S||S|
|RADIUS Test Function||S||S||S|
|Active Directory Groups Support||S||S||S|
|Virtual Host/ Domain Name Support||S||S||S|
|Diagnostics: DNS Lookup and Traceroute||S||S||S|
|Layer-7 Load Balancing||S||S||S|
|High Availability (HA)||S||S||N|
Legend: S — Standard, O — Optional, N — Not Available
- Requires Virtual Assist/Virtual Access, licensed add-on modules available only for SRA 4600, SRA 1600 and SRA Virtual appliances. Virtual Assist and Virtual Access are licensed based on the number of concurrent technicians. Virtual Assist and Virtual Access 30-day free trials are available on the SRA 4600, SRA 1600 and SRA Virtual appliances.
- Requires Web Application Firewall, a licensed add-on module available only for SRA 4600, SRA 1600 and SRA Virtual appliances. The licenses are available as 1, 2 and 3-Year license.
- The maximum number of users supported would be limited by factors such as access mechanisms, applications being accessed and application traffic being sent.